Workshop: Discovery Workshop Best Practices – How to align project teams with clients and stakeholders
What is a Discovery Workshop?
A Discovery Workshop is an in-person, hands-on, facilitated workshop which is used to understand client/stakeholder design problems. Discovery workshops aren’t about designing screens or coming up with a final solution. Rather, they’re an efficient way for a project team to gain a shared understanding, explore ideas and develop a design direction before starting a new project.
What is this workshop?
From startups just getting off the ground to established businesses looking to expand features or product lines, we’ll show you how to start your project right. In this workshop, we will share practical tips for getting the most out of the time you spend with clients or stakeholders during the discovery (initial) phase of a project; tips will cover the spectrum from making a workshop plan to connecting with your attendees during the workshop and following up afterwards. You’ll get a copy of our own battle-tested workshop playbook to take home.
Join us on Friday, July 10 for this workshop led by Matt Wallens of UX Atlanta and Garren DiPasquale of Aduro. After the workshop, stick around and we’ll grab drinks together in Atlantic Station to continue the conversation.
Happy Hour will be sponsored by our friends at ettain group (free drinks!).
The user experience is every project team member’s responsibility. You don’t have to be a UX designer to attend!
Who Is This For?
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- You, because you want to improve the projects you work on
What You’ll Learn
- What to do before running a discovery workshop
- How to plan a discovery workshop to solve a specific design problem
- What kinds of innovative, fun exercises you can use when running a discovery workshop to get data you can use
- How to build rapport with your participants and get them all involved
- What deliverables to provide your participants
- How to measure the success of your workshop
What You’ll Get
- Our playbook with instructions for running each exercise
- Document templates
- Shopping list of materials to buy to run a workshop